1957 Chrysler Saratoga
The Chrysler Saratoga was an automobile built by Chrysler from 1939 to 1952 and again from 1957 to 1960.
Chrysler reused the Saratoga nameplate in 1957 as part of its "Forward Look" styling by famed industrial designer Virgil Exner. The Saratoga was positioned between the base Chrysler Windsor and the top of the line New Yorker models, and was related to the DeSoto Firedome (DeSoto was another brand of the Chrysler Corporation). The base V8 in the Saratoga was a cast-iron poly head block V8, but the famed Hemi was not available as an option. Early 1957 models featured dual headlights, with quad-headlights as an option where permitted by state law. By the model year's end in 1960, all Saratogas were outfitted with quad headlights.
There were 10,633 two door Saratogas produced in 1957 and all had the 354 cubic inch, 295 horsepower engine. Note the large tail fins, indicative of the designs by the American automobile manufacturers during this time. This car came to live in our museum in February 2019 and is part of our permanent collection. It is a very fine and rare example of what Chrysler was producing during that time.